Resident Counselor (Float)
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for Float Resident Counselors to join our agency. We have available positions throughout Capital District.
- Assisting, providing and promoting independence with the daily treatment, care and services of the people we support in Residential Services
- Serve as members of the people we supports’ planning, implementation and Interdisciplinary teams
- Collaborating in the implementation of individualized residential habilitation services
- Respect the individual’s personal choice, lifestyle and their dignity to take informed risks
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- At least 1 year experience with Developmental Disabilities preferred
- Applicant must be fully-trained (Scip/Med cert/CPR/First Aid/Driver Authorized) and MUST maintain certification continuously to remain in the position
- Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to work at ANY residential location
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Two Float Schedules available:
Evening Shift - Fri:3p-11p; Sat: 9a-9p ; Sun 9a-9p (32hrs)
Overnight Shift- Thurs: 11p-9a ; Fri: 9p-9a; Sat: 9p-9a (34hrs)
Enhanced pay rate
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.