Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
You could be the UI Engineer we are looking for; do you dream in binary and want to work on high-profile projects with seasoned industry vets? Your code is efficient and adaptable, and so are you. That’s why Certain Affinity wants you to be one of our UI engineers. What are you waiting for? Let’s make some games together!!
- Implement UI in a proprietary engine writing C++ and Lua
- Collaborate with art and design teams
- Contribute to a large codebase, adding and improving features and performance
- Debug and troubleshoot problems in unfamiliar code through careful analysis
- Communicate with external partners to resolve issues and develop efficient solutions
- Experience shipping a title as a UI Engineer
- Proficient in C/C++
- Comfortable in Lua or similar scripting languages
- Strong grasp of object-oriented design principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Passion for making fun games
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience with additional languages such as Python or C#
- Experience with Game UI Frameworks such as Coherent or Scaleform
- Experience with UE4 UMG and its Blueprint designer panel
- Passion for Game UI/UX
- Impressive demo/samples of previous work
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.