Office Operations Assistant Manager
Would you like to work in a highly creative, fast-paced environment? Are you a dynamic and customer service focused individual who pays attention to details? Do you strive to create the very best well-kept environment possible to attract and retain the best talent? If so, we may have a position for you.
Certain Affinity is seeking a full time, energetic, challenge seeking, self-motivated Office Operations Assistant Manager. A successful candidate will be proactive, possess sound judgment, reliable, well organized, able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, a self-starter, and have an administrative, hospitality, or project-based background.
This position will cover a wide range of responsibilities to ensure the day-to-day smooth running of our Toronto studio. Flexibility, accountability, excellent interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and vendors is required. You must be able to prioritize and communicate effectively with great attention to detail and maintain a professional demeanor. The ideal person’s personal mantra is for proactive customer service that is demonstrated in his/her ability to anticipate and meet the needs of the organization.
We are looking for a person who is sensitive to the needs of others, and is willing to go the extra mile when needed, with a “no job is too big or too small” attitude. This person truly understands that the Office Operations Team is the glue that holds everything together and is critical to a successful company.
This position is scheduled for M-F 8 am- 5 pm (occasional flexibility may be needed). While there may be occasions you would be able to work from home this is an onsite position.
- Assist with planning and implementation of company-related events
- Culture Champion for CA Games Canada by ensuring we foster a great work environment with a high level of employee satisfaction
- Assist the Director of Office Operations (located in Austin, Texas)
- Greet all visitors and vendors and ensure our security protocols are adhered to
- The main point of contact for office-related vendors and procurement suppliers (delivery services, food vendors, cleaning crew, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.)
- Provide calendar support – coordination of internal and external meetings as needed
- Help coordinate company travel when needed
- Oversee partner visits and coordinate executive events
- Conduct office related errands as needed (post office, supplies, catering, etc.)
- Help stock and maintain office inventory, breakrooms, storage, and company swag
- Ensure the common areas, conference rooms, and break rooms are kept tidy and organized
- Responsible for the main office phone line
- Coordination and tracking of any building-related maintenance or repairs
- Assist in other administrative and managerial tasks as assigned by your manager
- 2-4 years of administrative and/or office coordination experience preferred
- Must have excellent communication, time management, and customer service skills
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Attention to detail, excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- High level of interpersonal skills with ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to help others
- Must be comfortable interacting with individuals of all professional levels
- Experienced in a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Office and Gmail
- Ability to assist with office moves and lift 20lbs
- Previous experience working in the games or the high tech industry in a similar role is a plus
- Experience in G-suite (Google, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms, etc…)
- Green thumb with plants a bonus
- Previous experience in hospitality or production related field
- Experience booking Executive and/or group conference travel and events
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.