Senior Environment Artist
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
As a Senior Environment Artist at Certain Affinity, you’ll be responsible for creating highly detailed game environments and world assets. You’ll also have opportunities to work with other disciplines to leverage your knowledge of composition and game development to build new IPs as well as support our Partner projects.
- Work with Art Director and other developers to build and integrate areas of art such as 3D assets, lighting, materials, decorators, and skybox elements into a visually consistent and highly immersive world
- Lead/direct activities and implementation of environment art assets
- Mentor other artists on technique and process
- 4+ years experience in the game industry, specifically modeling and texturing environments
- Experience using UE4 and/or proprietary engines and tools
- Experience establishing and driving new workflows for content creation
- Shipped 2+ titles as an environment artist
- Expert-level knowledge of Max or Maya
- Proficient with Z-Brush or other high-resolution sculpting tools
- Knowledge of material creation software such as Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Solid understanding of color theory, and be able to create balanced & appealing color palettes through lighting, texturing, and material work
- Demonstrated grasp of scale, proportion lighting, and form
- Solid understanding of the aesthetics of environment, function vs. form relationships, and how this can enhance gameplay
- Team player with the drive and initiative to deliver extremely high-quality work within performance and time restrictions.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to bridge the gap between art, design, and tech.
- Ability to work within a style and effectively communicate to the rest of the team
- Must be punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized
- Easily manages time constraints and multiple priorities
- Can initiate visual direction without specific concept or design
- A desire to work in and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience managing, scheduling, and critiquing work for multiple artists
- Shipped 1+ AAA title in last 3 years
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.