Senior AI Gameplay Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
We’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP. As an AI programmer at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining gameplay programming and AI algorithms. You will work with members of the Engine and Game Programming team creating state of the art software that act as the brains for many of our game projects.
- Develop AI systems and solutions for gameplay
- Cooperate with artists, designers, and other programmers on how to best create AI and gameplay systems
- Identify tools and approaches that will reduce complexity
- Build infrastructure and eliminate work through automation
- Troubleshoot and diagnose cross-cutting problems that span components
- Educate team members, partners, and stakeholders on operational dependencies and requirements
- 6+ years of experience in the fields of Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Development experience with one or more AI architectures, including experience with behavior systems, pathfinding/navigation, character movement, and animation
- Strong grasp of 3D algorithms, physics, and graphics
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent C/C++ programming skill
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting gameplay systems
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable synthesizing technical and non-technical objectives
- Systematic and detail-oriented problem-solving approach.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving challenging problems
- Dedicated to producing high-quality code
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Behavior Trees
- Experience with networking and/or multiplayer game architecture
- Contributor to open-source projects
- An active member of one or more technical communities
- Programming experience in one or more “weird” programming languages
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.