Senior HR Generalist
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
We are looking for a dynamic, customer service focused individual who works quickly and efficiently, pays attention to the details, and always strives to create the best environment possible to attract and retain the top talent. The Senior Human Resources Generalist will oversee a wide range of responsibilities to ensure the day-to-day smooth running of a fast-paced and innovative company and will create best practices where our people can thrive. Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and vendors are required.
- Lead HR programs and deliver on program goals.
- Diversity initiatives
- Compliance training
- New employee orientation
- Employee retention
- Partner with HR Director to provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
Employee onboarding and exit process
- Partner with HR coordinator to onboard new employees
- Lead the exit process with the exit team to ensure employees are offboarded according to policies and maintain metrics for exits
HRIS/Assistance with Payroll
- Partner with Human Resources Coordinator summarizing employee payroll changes
- Collaborate with the accounting department on payroll related matters
- Run periodic and ad hoc reports from HRIS and Payroll systems
Employee handbook and policies
- Keep the employee handbook up to date with current policies
- Ensure the handbook is current on the website for employees
Employee Culture and Engagement
- Partner with the Benefits Specialist to create a “best place to work” environment with benefits/programs that attract and retain great talent
- Maintain a pulse on employee morale and engagement through employee satisfaction surveys and regular direct interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with metrics and data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and engagement
- Proven ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism
- Experience in policy development from start to finish
- Strong customer service attitude with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Solid project management, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and MS-Office applications for communication, data analyses, and presentations
- 5+ years of HR experience with at least 3 years as an HR Business Partner or Generalist role
- Provide HR practice and policy guidance, interpretation, and implementation
- Experience with ADP reporting
- Experience with implementation of HR technology including benefits carrier connections, reporting, or other HR process enhancing technology
- Ability and willingness to travel to our Canadian studio if needed
- Experience working in Games Industry or Hi-Tech preferred
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.