Senior UI Artist
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
Are you an artist that understands how important the UI is to a game’s brand and player experience? Do you notice – and appreciate – when a game’s style is consistent throughout a game’s UI? Does it really bother you when the texture resolution of UI elements is not pixel-accurate, or when its’ screens have terrible composition? Do you love seeing beautifully designed icons?
Certain Affinity is looking for a Senior UI Artist to help us build the best games for our co-dev partners and our internal IP teams! Be part of a multi-product UI/UX team designing gorgeous player interfaces across PC, Console, VR, and Mobile platforms.
- Design and develop icons, widgets, full-screen layouts, and immersive overlays
- Work closely with the UX Lead, UI Art Lead, and Creative Lead to ensure all usability and experiential goals are achieved while yielding a visual design that’s harmonious with the game’s overall style
- Work with the Engineering team to export and integrate engine-ready assets and ensure the artistic vision is maintained in-game
- Participate in critiques and revise work based on feedback from team members and product stakeholders
- A deep passion for games
- Made contributions to the UI of at least two shipped games
- A keen eye for aesthetics and graphic design
- Great composition, layout, and typographic skillsGood visual communication skills, and the ability to deliver and receive constructive criticism
- Expert proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After-Effects
- Familiarity with producing multi-resolution source assets
- Ability to create animated motion comps and develop interactive prototypes of your designs
- Demonstrate player-empathy when designing interfaces for games that may not be the type of game you would normally play
- Manage time and priorities across multiple projects in an efficient manner
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Skilled at developing logos, branding, and identity guidelines
- Experience with Unreal’s UMG/Slate framework
- Experience with LUA, Python, C#, or other programming languages
- Proficiency with Axure, Sketch, XD, UXPin, or similar enterprise-level UX tool
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.