Senior IT Systems Administrator
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
We are looking for a talented individual with strong system administration skills. The successful candidate will be a badass with a strong drive, extreme resourcefulness, excellent planning and project management skills, solid communication skills, and a solid technical background.
You will identify, implement and support new tools, server applications, and technology for internal and external customers, including our development team, business team, and business partners. As a vital member of the Company’s IT team, you should be strong at assessing all studio disciplines’ technology/technological needs, providing whatever support is necessary to make each person successful.
- 10+ years of systems administration experience
- Extensive experience with internal customers and external partner support and communications
- Able to learn, plan, architect, configure, and deploy new technology as directed
- Powershell or BASH scripting
- Administer and maintain Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Linux, and Apple environments.
- Expert knowledge and ability to support virtualization platforms and cloud-hosted systems
- Strong knowledge and administration experience in:
- iSCSI, SAN, NAS, RAID, and I/O storage subsystems
- Networking technologies and protocols OSI Model, port channel, trunk, routing, CIDR, TCP/IP, DNS, and RFC 1918
- Solid understanding of network management and event-logging tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate analytical/problem-solving ability, time management, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines
- Must be able to lift heavy computer equipment between 50-100 pounds
- Must be prepared for occasional work hours at night and on weekends
- Detail and track all work within our ticketing system
- Work with a team of peers in the same role and provide assistance and mentoring
- Identify, implement and support new tools, server applications, and technology for internal and external customers, including our development teams, business team, and business partners.
- Work closely with stakeholders and other team members to define and translate functional requirements into technical designs.
- Be a solution provider and problem solver for the people and business functions of the company.
- Quality control and ongoing refinement of the Technical Operations support experience for employees and business partners is a top priority.
- Fielding more complex problems escalated from other Technical Operations staff.
- Proactively monitoring various IT systems, handling necessary maintenance, and recommending upgrades, maintenance, or replacements.
- Administration of Windows, Linux, and Apple server products, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and maintenance on physical and virtual platforms.
- Administration of development and collaboration tools (Source Control / Perforce, JIRA, Confluence, build systems, etc.), including installation, configuration, integration, and maintenance
- Administration, design, and maintenance of Directory Services on Windows and Linux systems - management of user accounts/groups on Windows and Linux systems
- Recommend, schedule, and perform IT infrastructure hardware and software upgrades
- Light SQL database administration
- Empower end-users by training and educating them on various IT systems and processes
- Share a lead role in ensuring all IT processes and policies are followed.
- Record all work planned, in progress, and completed within the ticketing system, and provide updates to the team and leadership as needed or requested.
- Author, maintain and edit the documentation of IT infrastructure and processes.
- Mobile device security management/administration
- Follow backup and disaster recovery policy and process, and work with fellow IT staff members and employees to protect all critical company data.
- Provide regular reports and status updates on incidents and projects
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service attention to the needs of the various studio departments and external partners
- Network design, deployment, and administration
- Firewall/Security Administration
- Game Industry experience
- Experience as a team lead
- AWS or other cloud administration
- Linux based web server administration
- Google Workspace administration experience a big plus.
- Capability in scripting and light programming in any applicable language
- Skills with PHP, SQL, Apache, and Python
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate server tasks using scripting languages (Perl, Python etc)
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.