Senior Gameplay Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for working closely with designers to see game features from conception to implementation. You should be a capable programmer who can make things happen, someone with the desire and talent to help build the foundation of our blockbuster games!
- Work directly with artists and designers to create fun gameplay that feels good
- Review technical proposals and designs
- Usher gameplay features from conception to completion
- Manage your own time by communicating with other engineers and other disciplines
- Find efficient and creative solutions in an existing code base
- Understand and enhance related engine systems to support your features
- Be responsible for your feature’s network, memory, GPU, and CPU usage
- Mentor other programmers
- 7+ years of professional programming experience
- 5+ years of professional experience building games
- Highly proficient in C/C++
- Strong 3D vector and matrix math skills
- Familiar with core game systems such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Experience with network-replicated game logic
- Comfortable in large established codebases
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- One or more shipped titles
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.