VP of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
We are looking for an experienced thought leader to shape our Human Resources and Talent Acquisition vision. The person in this role will work with the company's executive and senior leadership teams to develop and implement initiatives that attract, retain, and grow exceptional, diverse talent while also retaining the characteristics that make us unique.
At Certain Affinity, our employees are our passion. The Vice President of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition plays an integral role in facilitating our growth, cultivating our culture, and inspiring our team members to do their best work and grow to their fullest potential. We are looking for a strong, charismatic leader with innovative ideas and deep experience to help take our company to the next level. The Vice President of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition will report directly to the President / CEO and be a member of the company executive team.
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
HR Strategy – Partner with the company's other top leaders to develop and implement a people strategy and plan that aligns with overall business objectives.
Business Partner – Serve as a trusted and strategic thought partner for leaders across the company. Collaborate with top company leaders to improve organizational effectiveness, organizational development, and talent management.
Culture – Collaborate with company executives to design and implement practices, policies, and appropriate change management plans that maintain and enhance its culture and embody and promote company values.
Learning & Talent Development – Create a learning and development strategy that provides employees at all levels with a clear path for continuous professional growth. Implement a manager training program that prepares and develops new supervisors and senior leaders.
Performance Management – Develop company performance management philosophy aligned with senior leadership. Define and implement a strategy with performance criteria, measurement, and employee relations practices that guide leaders to engage and develop employees.
Compensation & Benefits – Recommend and implement compensation and benefits strategies that are competitive, fair, and equitable across the organization.
Talent Acquisition – Guide and develop recruiting strategy and processes that attract a diverse workforce and effectively scale the organization and meet our projects' hiring needs and growth objectives.
Employee Engagement and Retention - Develop and implement a strategy and practices to retain an engaged, highly qualified, and diverse workforce.
Diversity and Inclusion – Provide resources, leadership, and counsel regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion. Ensure that we are a safe and welcoming place to work for everyone, regardless of their background. This perspective carries over into our games and our approach to community management.
Compliance – Ensure the company consistently adheres to all city, state, province, and federal regulatory requirements related to employment and hiring practices across multiple locations domestically and internationally.
Hybrid Workplace – Help the company evolve its policies, tools, and practices to allow and support a greater proportion of always-remote employees and partially-remote employees alongside regular office workers.
Inspiring Leader – Open and transparent expert communicator and facilitator, easily connect with employees at all levels, inspires action and growth, welcomes feedback, and builds trust (High EQ).
Competent and Confident – Possesses a broad range of HR and recruiting expertise, strong business acumen, impeccable attention to detail, high standard of output, and superior written and oral communication skills.
Facilitator of Change – Helps the organization navigate through growth and change, helps others embrace change while maintaining a level of trust and transparency across levels and functions.
Coach – Builds trusted relationships, great listener, strong interpersonal skills, and provides feedback and mentoring that help others grow and become more effective in their roles.
Operationally and Technically Strong – Able to operate strategically and tactically, understands the big picture, but appreciates the importance of the details, looks for opportunities to automate and leverage technology for scale.
Highly Adaptive – Ability to multitask, embrace ambiguity, solve problems in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and understand organizational dynamics and culture.
Analytical – Ability to analyze data, recognize trends, and identify and implement systematic approaches to solving complex problems and influencing change.
- You have experience implementing and improving programs and processes related to onboarding, talent planning, career-pathing, and succession planning.
- You have a broad range of HR, People Operations, and leadership experience, preferably in the video game, entertainment, or technology industries.
- You have worked in large and small companies with experience in fast-paced, high-growth environments, including expanding to multiple locations domestically and internationally.
- You have a proven record of cultivating an HR/Talent Acquisition team and fostering a creative and collaborative environment conducive to idea generation and teamwork.
- You have experience leading internal and external recruiting strategies, including overseeing full life cycle recruiting processes.
- You incorporate internal and external market data and trends when making decisions or implementing new programs.
- You have experience integrating diversity and inclusion initiatives into existing programs, policies, and practices.
- You have worked with and led remote teams in multiple cities, states, and countries and are familiar with national and international employment practices.
- You can travel internationally.
- You are proficient with computer and presentation skills in MS Office, Google Suite, and HRIS systems.
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Video game industry experience
- Experience with Canadian HR and Talent Acquisition
- Experience with internal communications
An offer letter is required for consideration for this position.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.