Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
As a Technical Artist at Certain Affinity, you’ll get the chance to see some of the custom 3D tools and pipelines behind the world’s biggest shooters and contribute to our own proprietary technology. This role reports to the Technical Art Director. It requires an energetic individual to take a hands-on approach to our pipeline management and look at development for our studio art team.
If you’ve done some compelling tools and technical work, are eager to make an impact, able to wear multiple hats, and are open to new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Develop custom workflows using scripts and coded tools solutions for the art team
- Maintain the integrity of art pipelines by identifying inefficiencies and recommending and implementing improvements
- Troubleshoot key pipeline issues and solve core problems in cooperation with the development team
- Support the technical art needs of our client-facing project requirements and partner expectations
- Facilitate technical art communication across disciplines by providing clear and constructive feedback and guidance
- Collaborate with a diverse team to promote innovation and refine the visual quality of our games
- 3+ years game industry experience, 2+ specifically in a technical artist role
- Experience developing pipelines, including Substance Designer, Substance Painter, or Houdini
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as a Technical Artist
- Tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as Python, MEL, C#, or C++
- Expert-level familiarity with at least one or more industry-level DCC applications. (Maya, Max, Blender, Modo)
- Experience working in multiple 3D game engines
- Experience working on a wide range of tech art projects, in terms of art tools, graphics engines, and game hardware
- Expert-level familiarity with developing tools for environment art creation and workflow
- Able to present (internally and externally) a clear vision of how work addresses problems and requirements
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- Portfolio showing off your work
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Broad interest in real-time rendering technologies and art asset creation tools
- Shipped at least one project as a Senior Technical Artist with Unreal Engine
- Able to create/own multiple shaders and material pipelines for a AAA project
- Experience in managing real-time rendering, run-time analytics, and optimization
- Able to advise on, research, and explore a variety of graphics systems and middleware packages
- Able to envision creative ways to leverage ideas and technologies, and integrate the big picture through multiple mediums
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.