Sales Representative- Certified Debt Specialist
JOB TITLE: Certified Debt Specialist
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Sales
FLSA STATUS: Hourly + Commission
Century offers a competitive salary for this full time position, including generous benefit package with employer contribution, PTO, and 401K.
Our Century team is in search of sales professionals who genuinely want to assist clients in achieving their goal of resolving their current indebtedness. Understanding what motivates the consumer to make financial decisions that addresses and helps them resolve their current indebtedness is helpful. The candidate should possess excellent communication skills with a solid understanding of negotiation skills and techniques. Knowledge of consumer banking with a credit and collection background; backed with solid critical thinking skills which would enable the candidate to succeed in this position. The Century Support team will provide leads to our Certified Debt Specialists, to qualify and consult with, to sell our debt resolution program in an effort to gain new clients.
Century’s Certified Debt Specialists are compensated with a competitive hourly rate and a monthly commission bonus. With unlimited earning potential, and an awesome work environment with many opportunities for career growth, we offer the best of both worlds! The average Certified Debt Specialist’s earnings is anywhere between $50,000-$80,000; with top representatives earning over $100,000 (base plus commission combined).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties include:
- Qualifying, handling, and converting all inbound leads into prospective clients.
- Making outbound phone calls to qualified leads and converting them to Century Clients.
- Understanding and communicating the benefits of our program.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Moving the prospect forward to execute a consultative sale.
- Managing the sales pipeline and insertion of new leads.
- Meeting pre-set goals- weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Working in a team environment to further Century’s overall goals.
- Assisting customers by gathering information on their financial situation and presenting possible solutions, including enrollment into our program.
- Provide customers with accurate information regarding their financial analysis.
- Maintaining a consultative relationship with the customer throughout the process.
KNOWLEDGE AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
Candidate should be an effective multi-tasker, very organized, and be passionate about his/her work.
- Must be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced and goal oriented environment.
- Solid customer relationship skills.
- Flexibility in work hours and schedule; weekends may be necessary in order to meet client expectations.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Should be a proactive self-starter.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Closing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a digital environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM functionality.
- A financial background and an understanding of budgets, personal credit, debt and interest are a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years sales’ experience (financial services a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.