National Manager of Production
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The National Manager of Production will work on the National Operations team in performing job duties, providing BuildPro training, ensuring system usage and compliance, verifying homes are built per plan through site inspections, and ensuring that jobsites are run safely and well-maintained.
The ideal candidate would have 5+ years experience construction in the homebuilding industry with experience building homes, managing/training Superintendents, and proficiency with Hyphen Solutions (BuildPro), Newstar, or similar platforms.
Roughly 50% - 75% per month will be spent traveling via air or car to visit jobsites. Currently Century operates in 18 states across the Southeast, Texas and the Mountain and West Regions.
Your key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Traveling monthly to jobsites to train and audit BuildPro usage, reviewing basics of stages and milestones, task types (memo, reminder, and payable), and cycle time schedule adherence
- In conjunction with the IT Operations group, develop curriculum for basic, intermediate and advanced BuildPro training (101, 201, 301-level courses)
- Authorize tests and quizzes associated with BuildPro courses in order to gauge proficiency and validate certification levels
- Review Century’s Home Status Summary and Milestone Summary report data with divisional leadership and superintendents, explaining purposes of each respective report
- Identify and, if necessary, remedy outliers from the Century “At Risk” production report, a report highlighting lots in jeopardy of missing baseline completion dates
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly BuildPro training and usage updates
- Advise management of audit trends, identifying areas of improvement
- On rare occasions, able to work remotely in a community or division to augment community teams
- As needed, project manage challenging repair protocol
- Ability to identify and abate safety hazards on-the-spot
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
What You Have:
- Strong interpersonal skills with field teams, trade, and leadership
- A passion for teaching and training
- Adept organizational, managerial, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Strong project management skills
- Able to establish and meet deadlines
- Works well both independently and on teams
- Effective presentation and training skills, for both employees and trades
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Takes creative license in suggesting and drafting best practices
- Identify root causes for construction defects
- Fiscal responsibility, able to forecast budgets for travel, training, etc.
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or commensurate experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience as a Superintendent or Area Manager, within the single family, multi-unit, or commercial building/construction industry.
- Building science training is a plus (such as IBACOS, Construction Instruction, Building Science Corporation, etc.)
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering plans, blue prints, etc.
- Mold fundamentals, including testing and remediation
- OSHA 10/30 certification (if not certified, Century requires certification within 90 days of employment)
- Experience with Newstar Enterprise and/or Hyphen BuildPro preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)