Land Development Coordinator
Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Century Communities in Denver is currently looking for a Land Development Coordinator to join their growing Land team.
The Land Development Coordinator will support the Land Development team in all aspects of day to day administrative task.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performing a variety of administrative tasks in support of the Land Development Department including answering telephones or Email inquiries, maintaining files and records, data entry, department trackers.
- Update and maintain accurate project development budgets at the direction of the Project Managers.
- Monthly Invoice coding and processing of pay apps and check requests.
- Manage files including plats, address maps, construction plans, contracts, purchase orders, change orders, and contract exhibits at the direction of the Project Managers.
- Prepare and ensure timely execution of contracts.
- Ensure that signing limit protocols are followed for all contracts, purchase orders, change orders, and invoices
- Support and enforce all company standards, including those mandated by internal audit
- Prepare expense reports
- Run monthly reports
- Update and maintain accurate project development budgets at the direction of the Land Project Managers
- Maintaining up to date Municipal Utility District (MUD) Reimbursables files in association with Bond Applications
- Be the primary liaison for the HOA Management Company as needed for maintenance issues, concerns and customer questions. The Land Development Coordinator will serve on the HOA Board of Directors as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Experience in the homebuilding or construction industry helpful
- Familiar with an A/P environment; processing invoices, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strength in Excel
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Strong organizational skills and business acumen.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to respond to inquiries from vendors and subcontractors as well as internal team members
- Detailed oriented, works well under pressure, capable of handling multiple task with simultaneous deadlines.
- Positive attitude and an ability to work effectively as a member of a dynamic team
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in land development, project management (residential or commercial) related experience would be ideal. Co-op experience will be accepted as well.