Position Title: Development Associate or Sr. Associate
Century Living, the multifamily development arm of top ten publicly traded homebuilder Century Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCS), is looking for a multifamily and build for rent Development Associate. The Development Associate / Sr. Associate will be responsible for the pursuit, development, and execution of new multifamily and build for rent opportunities within Denver, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and other U.S. markets. Responsibilities of the role will include due diligence, project underwriting / feasibility, design, permitting, financing, construction oversight, lease-up, and disposition. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset capable of taking on large amounts of responsibility and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate full project underwriting / due diligence, including market analysis, project feasibility / modeling, liaising with third party consultants, and preparation of Investment Committee memoranda
- Support the permitting and entitlements process
- Assist with managing project architects, engineers, landscape architects, interior designers, property managers, general contractors, and project managers, where applicable
- Assist in project design and product development
- Assist with general contractor contract negotiations and coordination of construction, including frequent site visits
- Ensure compliance with all project plans and specifications
- Maintain financial projections and monthly draw requests
- Assist with project debt and equity financing, including preparation of lender / investor materials
- Assist with management company’s lease-up and ongoing property management
- Assist with project dispositions
Education, Experience, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in business, finance, or real estate preferred
- MBA or Master’s in relevant discipline preferred
- 5+ years of multifamily development experience
- Expertise with MS Office, with a specific focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong financial modeling background and understanding of key return metrics
- Knowledge of real estate entitlement requirements / process
- Strong familiarity of major sub-markets in Denver, Phoenix, and Salt Lake City
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team mindset
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial mindset, high energy, and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a results-oriented mentality
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate a base salary within the range of 85,000 - 105,000 for the Associate, and 105,000 - 150,000 for the Sr. Associate, plus monthly auto/cell phone allowance and annual bonus. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including relevant experience & education.
About Century Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCS): As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder, and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands, operating as Century Communities and Century Complete, Century Living, a multifamily development arm, and a mortgage and insurance services division through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!