Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Position Title: Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Position Summary: Inspire Home Loans (a Century Communities, Inc. company) is searching for a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to join our team. This position will be responsible for both the annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes. This role will assist in the preparation, analysis, and presentation of the budget and forecast. In addition, this position will assist with the evaluation of strategic business decisions, capital and operating expenditure analysis, and other operational analysis projects, as directed by the CFO.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing all financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Equity statements)
- Provides comprehensive variance analysis, highlighting trends and assessing results. Tracks risks and opportunities and develops recommendations to mitigate risks and/or capitalize on opportunities.
- Prepare annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Lead financial review and discussions with business functions to guide forecast and budget preparations to improve accuracy and reliability of projections
- Produce meaningful, impactful and timely business and financial analysis to support CFO and to improve operating and financial performance.
- Drive insightful analyses to determine opportunities within reported financial data. You will enhance our metrics capabilities and provide external benchmarks and analytics to inform decision-making.
- Supports business decisions with detailed financial models incorporating assumptions, expectations and known risks. Identifies business improvement opportunities leading to higher revenue, increased efficiencies, or cost savings. Develop insightful recommendations for forward financial planning and presents business cases to CFO.
- Must be willing and able to operate in the detail with a high level of understanding. No direct reports
- Evaluate potential FP&A systems implementation to drive automated budget processes; identify opportunities to enhance technology and innovation that will enhance department effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Highly proficient in data analysis and financial modeling
- Excellent communication skills: ability to work with all levels of employees including executives.
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; financial modeling in Excel a must.
- ERP and financial planning system implementation experience a plus.
- Detail orientated with the ability to see the big picture, work with limited supervision.
- Self-motivated and highly organized; proven ability to provide timely and accurate information to drive performance of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA a plus
- 10+ years of finance experience with at least 7+ years in financial planning and variance analysis; financial services industry experience preferred.