Permit Coordinator - Jeffersonville
Position Title: Permit Coordinator
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Responsible for assembly of all documents required for permitting new home construction and submitting same to the various municipalities/authorities. Obtain all building and utility permits per the lot purchase schedule.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate/Assemble all required documents for permit submittal to various municipalities including but not limited to:
- Job/Site specific plans
- Floor and roof trusses layout and engineering
- Energy Code Compliance Worksheet
- Appointment of Lien Agent (if applicable)
- Plot plans
- Permit application/Permit Placards
- Monitor and follow up on permit status to ensure timely permit issuance per Lot Purchase schedule.
- Perform check requests for all permits and utility applications
- Assist in DD by verifying processes, documents and costs associated with proposed location(s) for new lot purchases. Includes any HOA (ARC) approvals as well as municipal requirements.
- Update and verify any changes in pricing for utility connections fees and municipal permitting costs/requirements and coordinate budget dollars with DM/PM
- Manage and request plot plans per lot acceptance process for Division. Input request and receive dates as required in POD
- Compile and distribute start packages to Studios for delivery to Builders
- Submit and pick up all building and Utility permits in all municipalities for the Division
- Resolve permitting concerns that may arise
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be a Notary Public or obtain within 2 weeks of employment
- Construction/Blueprint/Code knowledge
- High level of Microsoft & CPU proficiency
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage administrative staff.