Director/VP of Land Development
Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Colorado Division of Century Communities is in search of a Director/VP of Land Development. The Director or VP of Land Development is responsible for supervising all land development field activities for assigned communities from pre-construction meetings to bond release.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensure projects meet governmental requirements and individual site plans and specifications
- Monitor land development schedules on assigned communities
- Ensure completion of land development improvements for bond reductions and release
- Maintain land development budgets
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the VP of Entitlements and Land
- Coordinate the hiring and daily management of Sub contractors for land development
- Prepare land development budgets for project in entitlement process for management approval
- Coordinate preparation of Land Development budgets and projects and schedules
- Coordinate all consultant interaction and work directly with various approval agencies including City and County Planning/Engineering/Zoning/ XCEL/HOA Departments related to all entitlement processes and other issues that arise.
- Negotiate purchase price and terms
- Write LOI’s and review all contracts
- Review amended contracts
- Manage the surety process for all projects
Education / Experience:
- Four-year degree in Business or Urban Planning, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in residential construction, Single or Multi-Family Land Acquisitions
- Experience in Land Acquisitions, Planning and Development
- Knowledge of the Colorado Land Market
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of direct reports
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Organizational Skills
- Self- Starter
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to Detail