Land Acquisition Analyst
Position Title: Land Acquisition Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA or Greenwood Village (Denver), CO
Century Living, the for-rent division of top ten publicly traded homebuilder Century Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCS), is looking for a Land Acquisition Analyst who will be responsible for assisting with the identification, evaluation and development of build for rent projects across Century’s 17 state, 40+ market national footprint. The Land Acquisition Analyst will conduct extensive research, analysis, and manage project data for existing and proposed developments. A successful candidate will be detail orientated with a keen eye for accuracy who thrives in a fast-paced, team-centric environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial proformas inclusive of assumptions about timing, rents, exit pricing, product lineup, leasing velocity, municipal fees, and other development costs to determine the viability of proposed projects.
- Assist with due diligence including zoning requirements, architectural requirements, utility availability, surveys, title work, rollback tax estimations, soil reports, financial analysis, environmental reports, work proposals, preliminary engineering, and land planning.
- Prepare competitive market analyses to help understand how the proposed product line up and pricing compares to other communities in the market area.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to understand home construction costs, upgraded rental specifications, and buyer preferences to be used in proformas.
- With the guidance of division leadership, prepare detailed underwriting packages with relevant support data and exhibits for submittal to Asset Management Committee.
- Assist in the preparation of term sheets and LOI’s based on the terms approved by division leadership.
- Assist with the preparation of project update memos as needed.
- Comfortably interact with brokers, attorneys, construction vendors, management companies, etc.
- Work with the development team or outside developers to determine budgets and schedules to be used in proformas.
- Maintain financial proformas and competitor analyses to assess ways to enhance performance of existing communities and to report actual performance.
- Update and manage the division’s monthly and quarterly reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in business, finance, or real estate preferred
- 4+ years of residential real estate / single family rental experience
- Expertise with MS Office, with a specific focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong financial background and understanding of key return metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a results-oriented and time is of the essence mentality
About Century Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCS): Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—a multifamily development division, and a mortgage and insurance services division through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate a base salary in the range of $70,000.00 - $90,000.00, plus an annual bonus. Final offer will be based on a variety of factors including education and experience.