Jr. Interior Designer
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Our internal Merchandising Department is in need of a Jr. Interior Designer to join our national model home design team. We design and manage beautiful model homes across all of our markets and need your help creating these exciting environments that become successful selling tools. This is an amazing opportunity for growth and collaboration as we build our national presence and internal merchandising department
- 2-3 years of design industry experience
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Interior Design, preferred
- Creative interior design skills, with a strong working knowledge of FF&E, fabric, color, scale and construction detailing
- Clear understanding of and ability to work with architectural drawings sets
- Familiarity with interior design library materials and trade resources
- Experience working on the initial project design with a team from design development to execution and installation
- Experience in producing Shop Drawings and Schedules
- Auto-CAD proficiency necessary; Sketch Up experience helpful
- PowerPoint experience necessary
- Collaborate on interiors projects, including programming, design development, and documentation
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- Participate in the development and production of CAD plans, elevations and construction drawing sets
- Procurement and management of internal material, catalogs and sample library
- Research and write specifications for all finish materials, lighting fixtures, window treatments, paint schedule, custom builds and trim treatments
- Coordinate and document design details with lead designers
- Set and meet tight deliverable schedules based on department deadlines
- The ability to work outside in various weather conditions
- The ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Experience assembling flat packed or similar furniture pieces
- The ability to walk, climb, stand and/or sit for long periods
- Must be a licensed driver with a reliable vehicle for transporting merchandising inventory and conducting site visits
- Work overtime as needed
- Ability to travel out of state 30%