About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
Construction Managers are responsible for overseeing and directing community construction projects from conception to completion. The Construction Manager reviews the project in-depth to schedule deliverables, estimate costs, and manage all onsite and offsite construction to monitor building and safety regulations compliance.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Utilize BuildPro for creating and managing daily schedules to ensure all construction activity follows the established timeline.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Procure all job site materials and ensure construction costs are within budget.
- Schedules inspections as necessary throughout the construction process.
- Identifies potential problems and provides solutions, with great emphasis on Cycle Time adherence.
- Manage contracts and communication with trade contractors and suppliers to ensure timely commencement and delivery of work.
- Provide job site and community management by ensuring that homes and production sites under construction are maintained, well-organized, safe, and secure.
- Oversee erosion control in conformance with SWPPP regulations.
- Use Eliant Customer Satisfaction to ensure high satisfaction levels in Home Delivery, Overall Construction, Workmanship Material categories, and cleanliness.
- Conduct all quality control inspections and pre-occupancy orientations on homes according to company requirements.
- Monitor job sites for safety daily and hold safety meetings with contractors as needed.
- Responsible for planning and directing work and appraising performance.
- Make recommendations on promotions/transfers, salary actions, hiring, disciplinary discussions, and terminations.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Expertise in residential construction concepts, practices, and codes.
- Capacity to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and blueprints.
- Effective leadership skills to manage and supervise activities of direct reports.
- Ability to effectively work with managers and employees at all levels and develop positive relationships and productive culture.
- Skill at analyzing problems and recommending solutions.
- Success in maintaining effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, and supervisory personnel.
- Capacity to adapt to changes, handle multiple projects, pay attention to detail, and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Is comfortable working hands-on when needed and has a get-it-done personality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to achieving accuracy and efficiency.
Your Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in residential or multi-family construction in a high production environment is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Manager preferred but not required.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.
- Previous experience working with BuildPro is a plus.