Division Purchasing Manager - Jacksonville
Position Title: Division Purchasing Manager Department: Purchasing
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruits and maintains sub-contractor staff adequate to construct the Division’s homes in the timeframes allocated by the company.
- Follows company guidelines for on boarding new sub-contractors and ensures all necessary paperwork is in place and routed properly to ensure all vendors are fully documented before work commences.
- Bids and monitors all costs associated with the construction of the Division’s homes to ensure the company is receiving the best market price for labor and materials.
- Reviews PO pre-releases to ensure accuracy prior to job start.
- Consults and manages sub-contractors that are found to be producing results that are not up to the company’s standards regarding quality, timeliness, and safety.
- Analyzes Division financials and variance report in an effort to ensure maximum profitability.
- Participate in Corporate national purchasing program initiatives to ensure Division compliance.
- Monitors Division’s compliance with OSHA safety standards and trains field personnel in same.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Experienced negotiation capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Local sub-contractor relationships to ensure maximum trade depth is available
- Aptitude to run and review reports and pin point areas of need that align with company initiatives
- Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing purchasing software with a knowledge basis on electronic purchase orders
- Minimum of 2 years prior management experience
- Minimum 10 years of new construction experience