Assistant Land Development Manager
Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Century Communities in Atlanta, GA is in search of an Assistant Land Development manager to the growing Land team!
The Assistant Land Development Manager manages the bidding, negotiation, and contracting of residential land development projects; the budgeting and scheduling of those projects; and assists the Land Development Field Managers in the execution and completion of those projects for the Company
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate contractor solicitation, qualification and bidding.
- Manage the bid evaluations process, contract negotiation, contract execution and administration.
- Preparation and modification of residential land development contract scopes of work.
- Creates detailed, project specific, preliminary land development budgets.
- Prepare and maintain of land development project schedules.
- Preparation of final land development budgets for presentation to management for approval.
- Closely manage projects to ensure they are completed within budget.
- Assist the Land Development Field Managers in the field as necessary.
- Monitor Active Bonds and prepare Punchlist tasks to have bonds released in a timely manner
- Review invoices against approved budgets and approve purchase orders for distribution.
- Coordinate with the accounting department to ensure timely payments to contractors.
- Assist the Land Development Field Managers in the scheduling and management of contractors.
- Ensure that finished lots are delivered to the construction department in accordance with division standards, on-time and within budget.
- Daily interaction with land acquisition, land entitlements, land development and vertical construction teams.
- Maintain project files and records.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the local residential (attached and detached) land development practices and
- procedures including wet and dry utilities, storm sewer, concrete, curb and gutter, paving, etc.
- Must be able to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend financial reports, construction documents, legal documents, surveys, soil reports and technical reports.
- Knowledge of infrastructure/civil land development construction practices.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree in Civil Engineering, Business, Construction Management, Urban Planning, Real Estate or related construction field.
- 2 + years of experience in residential land development construction, single or multi-family land acquisitions, or related experience.