As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position Summary: The Finance Manager will be responsible for financial planning and analysis, reporting, budgeting, operational improvement, forecasting, financial control systems, back office operational efficiency and cost accounting
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the annual business planning and quarterly forecast update process ensuring a high level of transparency and accuracy
- Works closely with the Division President and Land Acquisition department in analyzing the viability and structure of potential deals and determining the direction of future project and product positioning
- Preparing and reviewing all sales gross margin worksheets (sales scrubs)
- Review and analyze monthly financial results including reasons for variance from annual plan
- Performs post acquisition project reviews comparing actual results with original underwriting to identify trends or gaps as well as areas of improvement for future deals
- Manages the monthly land development budget update process.
- Provides analytical support to management to improve homebuilding operations and identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancement
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing department in establishing correct project level pricing, including base prices, lot premiums, option pricing and incentive promotions
- Works closely with the Purchasing department in reducing direct costs, tracking commodity pricing and limiting our plan portfolio
- Serves as a local driver of process improvement efforts driven to standardized processes in all aspects of the operation
- Provides support and direction to the Corporate Accounting group in preparation of division financial statements and disclosure
- Oversees internal control and other accounting/operational procedures within the Division
- Support all division departments with special projects
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Experience with an international manufacturing corporation a plus
- Work experience in manufacturing operations or purchasing a plus
- Knowledge of NewStar a plus
- Knowledge of IBM TM1 a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through on projects
- Willingness to learn new things and take on additional responsibilities
- Maintain effective working relationships with vendors, suppliers, co-workers, and supervisory personnel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Finance or Accounting
- MBA or Big 4 CPA preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in residential home building, land or construction required