Position Title: Finance Manager
Department/Location: Century Complete Finance, Atlanta
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Position Overview: The Financial Manager role at Century Complete serves as the finance partner to our Region Presidents, finance mentor to our Division Managers and business lead for their assigned portion of the country. Working with our Corporate VP of Finance, they prepare the financial forecasts for each region and review the financial statements with the Region Presidents and Division Managers. Supported by a centralized accounting function, this role is focused on making the business acumen of our team better.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Financial partner to the Region Presidents and Division Managers.
- Proactively seek improve the accuracy and predictability of the Company’s financial results.
- Source data and prepare various consolidated weekly/monthly reporting of regional performance across company. Work closely with the field leadership to prepare quarterly forecasts of future business.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, sourcing, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information. Assist in the preparation of presentations to Senior Management Team.
- Supervise Financial Analysts to ensure deposits, property tax bills and utility payments are properly handled at the local level.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices
- Provides analytical support to management to improve home-building operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Four-year degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent hands on experience in residential homebuilding.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ progressive experience in finance, financial planning and analysis and/or accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of GAAP, cost accounting and job costing
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient in various other software and accounting systems used in the real estate industry.
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate within the range stated; final offer will be based on a variety of factors including experience. Base pay range of $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 plus an annual bonus.