SQL Database Administrator
Position Title: Corporate Financial Analyst
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The IT Operations Analyst – SQL Database Administrator is responsible for building and maintaining the company’s database infrastructure. This role will work closely with our IT Operations and Development teams to monitor, manage, and optimize our data estate, while assisting with support when needed.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Optimize and tune our SQL database servers, queries, stored procedures, views, functions, etc..
- Managing a Centralized Management Server, which in turn manages some administration jobs of our database servers.
- Managing and maintaining our database backup schedules and routines, as well as restores.
- Managing the versioning and patching of our database servers.
- Work with IT Security Team to ensure data estate is hardened and permissions are restricted appropriately.
- Automating repetitive database management and data movement tasks, such as development environment refreshes.
- Support the efforts of our development team through code and approach optimization as it pertains to our data estate.
- Perform routine code deployments through our deployment pipeline.
- Create complicated SQL scripts when needed to support our various applications.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis (Employer will not sponsor visas).
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, CIS, Statistics, or Data Science or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience with administration and support Microsoft SQL Server and databases.
- Experience managing and supporting 20+ database server environment.
- Expertise in writing, reviewing, troubleshooting, and optimizing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, views, functions, etc.
- Expertise in creating PowerShell scripts for automating repetitive SQL Server tasks.
- Expertise in creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting SSIS packages.
- Experience configuring and managing SQL Server Always-On Availability Groups.
- Experience managing and supporting SSRS instances.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL server encryption techniques.
- Azure/Serverless SQL experience would be a plus.
- Progress Open Edge experience would be a plus.
- Experience in a DBA capacity for a large homebuilder would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of data virtualization platforms, especially Data Virtuality, would be a plus.
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate an annual base salary in the range of $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 plus annual bonus. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including experience.