IT Development Manager
Title: IT Development Manager Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Position Summary: The IT Development Manager is responsible for planning, designing, building, and maintaining the company’s IT development processes, pipelines, and products. This role will manage the IT Development team and with a lead-by-example mentality and will support an effective delivery of all critical IT Development technologies, including but not limited to: Azure DevOps, C#, SSRS, PowerBI, ETL, SSIS, Self Service Data Architecture, and IBM TM1. This role works closely with internal customers and partners to determine data needs, then works to design and implement appropriate solutions to best enable the business. Understanding, maintaining, and refining our current environments is critical, as well as keeping an eye on emerging IT technologies. This is a hands-on management role – we’re looking for “doers”, not just managers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Working under the leadership of, and in collaboration with, senior leadership to manage a highly technical team to meet company objectives on time and on budget, prioritizing accuracy and performance in development skill sets.
- Work with various IT teams to find solutions for complex technical issues as they arise; then put process/technology/documentation in place to prevent recurrence.
- Act as technical champion for the department – recommend, implement, and mentor staff and peers on industry best practices for development.
- Elevate and innovate existing processes; research, recommend, and deliver new products and solutions with the IT Data Analyst Team.
- Receive complex technical projects from senior leadership and translate into project plans with deliverables and dates.
- Resolve problems, identify trends, determine system improvements and implement change when necessary.
- Will be expected to work independently on complex, non-routine tasks, projects, and company initiatives.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis (Employer will not sponsor visas).
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology focusing on development and data solutions with increasing management responsibility in an enterprise environment of 800 – 2000 end users required.
- 3 years of strong operational leadership experience with hands-on tactical, as well as strategic management expertise desired.
- Knowledge and experience developing data products using Power BI, SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Excel, Azure and other reporting and development tools.
- Knowledge and experience with developing solutions in a source-controlled environment.
- Proven ability to support a highly available network with a history of increasing responsibility.
- Hands on experience with automation and scripting languages such as PowerShell desired.
- Homebuilder industry with experience with Newstar ERP, Newstar sales, Hyphen Solutions BuildPro and TM1 Cognos are a plus.
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate an annual base salary in the range of $125,000.00 - $140,000.00 plus annual bonus. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including experience.