Division Manager-Palm Bay, FL
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Division Manager (DM) manages superintendents, customer service managers, permit coordinators, and division sales managers. The Division Manager ensures construction adherence, quality, and safety for all homes within the division.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Recruit and maintain superintendent and sales staff within designated division per the company's organization chart and strategic business plan.
- Ensure timely delivery of building permits before lot close.
- Ensures all preconstruction timelines are maintained to provide the construction team with an on-time start at every purchase.
- Generate and review daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports reflecting the division's results and assesses areas of improvement or focus as needed, i.e., SOC Report, Backlog review.
- Inspect neighborhoods and homes weekly as part of a routine inspection process to ensure cleanliness, quality, safety, and schedule adherence to the company's standards.
- Weekly meetings with division staff to ensure accurate home closing dates are established and achieved per the business plan.
- Train division superintendents as new staff are onboarded and train all superintendent staff in monthly construction meetings on safety and technical training.
- Assists Division Sales Manager as needed with recruiting and training of sales staff.
- Ensures a proper subcontractor allocation ensures schedule adherence, quality, and safety.
- Ensures timely completion of outstanding customer service requests and maintains a high level of customer service satisfaction.
- Accountability for construction time, quality, customer satisfaction, budget/variance control, and timeliness of completing Century Complete required docs.
- Effective in managing a team of direct reports.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- People skills to articulate and professionally handle conflict with customers, building inspectors, and trade contractors.
- Knowledge of technical construction materials and methods.
- Ability to design and implement new training modules for builders and subcontractors within the division.
- Aptitude to run and review reports and pinpoint areas of need that align with company initiatives.
Your Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent certification, accreditation, or job experience.
- A minimum of 5 years within the construction industry, preferably production experience in the first-time homebuyer segment.
- A minimum of 2 years prior management position in the residential construction industry.