Regional VP Lot Acquisition - Midwest
Position Title: Regional VP of Lot Acquisition
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Regional Vice President of Lot Acquisition generates lot and community positions to satisfy the Division needs for new home construction working with MLS, private parties, investor groups, banks, developers, and other sources. The position will ensure that the lot supply is identified, reviewed for feasibility, evaluated for market absorption, and compared to resale as well as new home sales given the operating parameters of the studio and division.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Identify locations for new homes
• Identify the owners, sellers of lots that are in desirable locations
• Work up contracts and facilitate the execution for purchase of lots
• Work hand in hand with Division Manager and Lot Acquisition team to ensure that we are obtaining lots to meet Division needs and goals on a Monthly, Quarterly and Annual basis
• Work up preliminary budget of known items (i.e. approximate clearing, number of loads of fill, septic/well, sewer/water, culverts, power, drive handing) communicate in summary report for each land position.
• Perform research on each lot to ensure there are no adverse restrictions such as eagles, owls, tortoises, minimum size requirements, etc.
• Maintain Lot Purchase/Pipeline schedules in conjunction with the Corporate Land Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
• Effectively and professionally communicate with prospective sellers, outside agencies, and employees.
• Organizational aptitude to manage the contract writing and filing process in a timely fashion to ensure accuracy and complete execution.
• Computer aptitude to work with multiple software programs and electronic communication
• Be capable of managing tight deadlines, promptly addressing changes without disrupting schedules, and managing high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• Positive and dedicated team player who has a strong work ethic and demeanor that fosters customer trust.