Lot Closing Specialist
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Lot Closing Specialist for Century Complete supports the Land and Legal teams by managing all aspects of our Single Scattered Lot program. In several states, individual investors have acquired lots that were platted in the 1920’s-1980’s. Century Complete helps those investors monetize their investment while building affordable homes to support the local economy. Communication and organization are critical to the success of this program. The right candidate will be able to effectively manage interactions with realtors, title companies, municipalities and our internal land and legal teams. Must be adept at Excel and Adobe. Calendar, process, and time management, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task are a must.
- New contracts processing
- EMD processing & tracking
- New Project set up
- Closing date on calendar
- Verify title/lien review ordered & received
- Coordinate with field team to determine any issues and determine further pursuit of lot
- Coordinate with title co to obtain docs timely
- Review closing docs for accuracy
- Circulate closing docs for signature & funding
- Update database
- Notify appropriate parties of termination
- Follow up with title co for EMD return & track
- Have lot removed from database
- Review of CCRs
- Preparation of Community Addendums
- High level of communication. Assignment requires coordination across geographies and organizational levels. High level of people management and organization are a must.
- 3-7 years of experience in real estate and real estate contracts and closings
- Contract drafting
- Title examination and review. Curative title work.
- Understanding of municipal lien process and steps needed to clear.
- Proactively problem solve. Analyze the remaining challenges and overcome/resolve/conclude on next steps.
- Familiarity with HOA and HOA docs
- Calendar Management
- Exceptional organization skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel and Adobe skills required