Land Entitlement Manager
Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Century Communities in Charlotte, NC is in search of a Land Entitlement Manager to join the growing Land team.
The Land Entitlement Manager is responsible for managing land entitlement activities and processes from due diligence to shovel ready for construction. The position supports the Land Department by providing project management, cost analysis, planning, and design assistance, and acts as the primary contact for divisional staff and other departments on assigned projects throughout the initial planning, entitlement and development phases.
- Manage the land entitlement/forward planning of Division projects and land in the Charlotte market
- The preparation of entitlement budgets and schedules, density yields, conceptual site plans, and other components necessary to help management make decisions on purchasing land.
- Prepare and/or review easement, development, governmental and legal documents.
- Oversee consultant teams (architects, landscape architects, civil engineers, geotechnical engineers, environmental consultants) for specific projects to ensure timely progression of entitlement process.
- Review civil engineering and other estimates and work directly with in-house land development department and with engineers and municipalities in the design and processing of all civil plans.
- Coordinate all consultant interaction and work directly with various approval agencies including City and County Planning/Engineering/Zoning/Xcel/HOA Departments related to all entitlement processes and other issues that arise.
- Attend all public hearings related to entitlement process.
- Attend all neighborhood meetings to assist and present development plans.
- Four-year degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate, Business, or Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Land Entitlement / Forward Planning
- Homebuilding industry experience preferred
- CAD knowledge and experience a plus
- Experience dealing with municipalities and other governmental agencies
- Knowledge of Charlotte land market.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of consulting team.