Vice President of Construction
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Vice President of Construction is responsible for managing and leading the construction team through the entire construction process, from inception to completion of homes. A significant role of the VP of Construction will be to provide on-time delivery of a high-quality home while balancing the financial objectives and ensuring customer satisfaction. This position will play a vital role in the direction and management of the construction process and overall field management.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for all warranty functions, including cycle time, budgets, and vendor accountability.
- Work with Executive Management to determine company needs and define a strategic growth plan.
- Oversee the Project Management team for scheduling projects, achieving budgets, and meeting deadlines, ensuring site safety and SWPPP compliance.
- Responsible for quality control, quality assurance, EPA, and OSHA compliance.
- Monitor projects to address delays, bad weather, and emergencies.
- Establish and enforce project management discipline, policies, processes, and tools that enable world-class execution.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining actual project performance data to facilitate historical analyses to improve estimating accuracy and field construction performance.
- Manage, hire and train all Construction personnel, including Area Managers, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, customer care personnel, and administrators.
- Ensure accuracy of construction status reporting.
- Provide evaluation of sub-contractor performance.
- Responsible for the appearance of all communities, models, and spec homes.
- Establish and monitor customer care policies, processes, and procedures to ensure complete homebuyer satisfaction.
- Resolve any outstanding customer complaints, and seek ways to improve customer survey results and the complete customer experience.
- Review all work in process to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, building codes, and company standards.
- Review and recommend improvements for existing and proposed plans. Responsible for ensuring that all needed red-lining of plans is complete.
- Field responsibility for controlling costs, achieving budgeted margins, and improving the bottom line.
What You Have:
- Efficiency in handling multiple projects and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective with managers and employees at all levels.
- Proactive at developing positive relationships and productive culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to achieving accuracy and efficiency.
- Extensive Build Pro experience.
- Thorough understanding of both Vertical and Horizontal Experience.
- Demonstrated success running 10+ jobs.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field or 10+ years of experience in a production home building environment.
- 7+ years in residential construction.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience at Director level or above.
- Must be a licensed contractor.