As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Century Communities, Inc. (CCS on the NYSE) is looking for a dynamic leader for the Nashville Division. The Division President reports directly to the Regional President. The position has full profit and loss responsibility for the division’s performance. The division president is responsible for maximizing the Company’s performance in the market and ensuring consistent growth. Century Communities has an objective of being one of the top builders in the market; the division president is responsible for building a strong team to achieve this objective. The position requires strong leadership skills setting the strategic vision for the division and strong management skills enacting policies and procedures that ensure accountability. The division president needs to be a creative problem solver capable of driving innovation.
We share many values at Century Communities. We have a deep sense of urgency about everything we do. We make commitments and we keep our commitments, and there is no more significant commitment than our annual business plan. We are committed to our customers and strive to earn the title “America’s Most Trusted Builder.” Every day presents an opportunity to improve and we take advantage of every day.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Set the land acquisition strategy for the market
- Ensure you have a deep understanding of the land acquisition environment within the market.
- Work with the land acquisition team to effectively implement this strategy, acquire land, and entitle land with a focus on compelling site plans, efficient development strategies, and achieving a high-volume sales pace at acceptable financial metrics.
- Review all AMC submittals and present each investment opportunity to the Asset Management Committee (“AMC”).
- Work with the land acquisition team to achieve annual AMC lot approval goals.
- Interact with land sellers as needed and negotiate land acquisition contracts when your involvement is required.
- Oversee land development activities, managing the land development team.
- Regularly review all land development budgets and schedules, make adjustments as necessary
- Hold the land development team accountable for their budgets, schedules, and bond releases.
- Involve yourself in major development issues including working with professional firms, local jurisdictions, and site contractors as necessary.
- Oversee construction operations.
- Working with the construction operations team ensure building times are maintained versus template to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Create an environment where high standards of customer service are maintained as measured by Eliant survey scores
- Achieve average Eliant score of not less than 90.
- Create an environment where high standards of safety are maintained, ensuring compliance with OSHA rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the appearance of all communities, models, and spec homes.
- Responsible for controlling costs, achieving budgeted margins, and improving financial performance.
- Oversee purchasing and constriction start operations.
- Working with the purchasing team effectively manage direct construction costs by looking for vendors and subcontractors that offer superior or equal products and performance at a lower cost.
- Encourage the purchasing team to stay abreast of changes in products and materials ensuring we remain innovative in our product offering.
- Working with the construction starts team effectively manage the start process that homes are started as quickly as possible with the correct plans and purchase orders.
- Full profit and loss responsibility
- Responsible for developing strategies to maximize revenues and gross margins and minimize costs and expenses.
- Responsible for developing, approving, and presenting the division’s annual business plan
- Responsible for achieving the annual business plan commitment.
- Responsible for developing and approving quarterly re-forecasts.
- Responsible for developing strategies and actions that maximized financial performance, including return metrics.
- Using market research and competitive analysis, ensure our product offering is compelling and appropriate for each community to maximize our financial performance
- Ensure materials, colors and options are remain innovative and competitive.
- Working with our vendors, construction managers, and purchasing managers manage construction costs and techniques including.
Customer Care Department:
- Oversee Customer Care Department including field personnel and warranty.
- Establish and monitor customer care policies, processes, and procedures to ensure homebuyer satisfaction; resolve any outstanding customer complaints, and seek ways to improve customer survey results and customer referrals.
- Working with the sales team, create sales and pricing strategies to maximize financial performance
- Regularly review pricing strategies including setting base prices, option prices, lot premiums and incentives with the focus on finding the appropriate balance between sales pace and sales price.
- Understand the competitive environment, including regularly visiting our competitors.
- Stay abreast of market dynamics and changing sales strategies of our competitors.
- Maximize the use of Inspire Home Loans and tightly manage the use of outside lenders
- Work with sales management and Inspire Home Loans to maximize application and capture rates.
- Achieve Inspire Capture rate of not less than 80%.
- Work with the marketing team to establish and maintain marketing programs to drive sales traffic to meet division sales projections.
- Responsible for planning and directing work and appraising performance.
- Responsible for building and maintaining an effective organizational culture and work environment.
- Responsible for ensuring the Company’s policies and procedures are known and divisional personnel comply.
- Make recommendations to the Regional President on promotions/transfers, salary actions, hiring, disciplinary discussions, and terminations.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge in all aspects of the homebuilding industry.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- High energy, capable of driving operational and financial performance.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting financial reports.
- Ability to manage the division’s annual business plan and consistently achieve the business plan commitment.
- Proven ability to build, develop and manage activities of direct reports.
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution capabilities.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies, supervisory personnel, and employees.
- Must complete OSHA certification training or show proof of OSHA certification.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years’ experience in single and multi-family construction management.