Job Title: Starts Coordinator
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Starts Coordinator is responsible for the general administration and clerical support of the permit process within the Company. Under the supervision of the Permit Manager, this position will enhance effectiveness between the Engineers, Permit Runners, Cities/ Counties, and other outside agencies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications and procedures.
- Organize and document information, including building permits, water/ sewer permits, sprinkler permits, etc.
- Build & assemble permit folders to include the site plan. Assure Standard signage (no trespassing, job rules hard hat requirements, lot #’s (for front window), review option addendums & change orders, non-standard options, area figures, Track BuildPro schedule with assigned vendors, sales brochure (signed by customer), material takeoff adjustment form, material takeoff (lumber, interior trim, window, brick, etc.), Complete Century quality inspection forms, Century customer walk forms.
- Track daily activities to ensure that the permit applications are accurate and complete.
- Coordinate delivery and pick up of permit applications, as needed.
- Provide various reports and requests to track and resolve permit backlogs or field needs.
- Completes inquiries in person or on the telephone with different jurisdictions and agencies.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact successfully with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- GED is required (Associates degree preferred).
- Previous experience working for a home builder or other construction-related field a plus.
- Experience with permit processing is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Two or more years of clerical and support experience.