Customer Service Coordinator
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position Location - Houston, TX 77094
What You’ll Do:
The Customer Service Coordinator is responsible for responding to, assigning, and tracking all customer service and warranty-related communications within the Houston Division. This position works closely with our Century Homebuyers and the internal warranty and field teams to help ensure an extremely positive and seamless homebuying experience.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Handle all incoming homebuyer calls, act as the first point of contact to help answer service-related questions or delegate, or escalate the call to a Customer Relations Manager for immediate customer service support.
- Ensure that established procedures are followed in an organized manner, focusing on a daily follow-up to guarantee a timely response to our homebuyer/customer requests.
- Establish protocols/reports to assure that all information and communications are shared with the Regions and Communities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s warranty time frames and procedures and ability to triage non-warrantable calls.
- Maintain positive homeowner relations; provide the homeowner with knowledgeable, timely, and professional responses to telephone, chat, and email inquiries.
- Input work orders into Build Pro and send them to subcontractors responsible for the repairs.
- Update progress as necessary on requests and work orders in Build Pro.
- Monitor trends in warranty service requests. Create and generate reports as necessary to identify such trends.
- Follow-up verification to confirm warranty work is completed by subcontractors/managers within designated time frame and ensure ultimate homeowner satisfaction.
- Formulate and keep updated warranty manuals, orientation packages, policy and procedure manuals, and homeowner handbook.
- Respond to corporate complaints within one hour and update the SVP of Operations and Director of Sales & Marketing in writing within the same day received.
- Contact homeowners with upcoming and non-respondent surveys to ensure awareness and follow up with the appropriate manager on any feedback or requests generated from contacting the homeowners.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Professional, enthusiastic, and collaborative communication style.
- A passion for working closely with people and helping to find satisfactory resolutions to problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail and an organized, proactive, and timely approach to following up with customers and vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the capacity to accept constructive feedback positively and remain calm and pleasant under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, previous experience working with Excel spreadsheets, solid technical skills to learning and utilizing multiple industry databases and software programs.
- A valid driver’s license.
Your Education and Experience:
- General understanding of the construction/home building industry.
- College degree preferred.
- High School/GED required.