Accounts Payable Coordinator
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing, and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Accounts Payable Coordinator ensures that all invoices are processed promptly, that all insurance requirements are up to date, and that all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors are paid within the company guidelines.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Process a high volume of Non-PO and PO invoices promptly.
- Monitor Non-PO invoices in various queues to ensure meeting 5-day SLA requirements.
- Ensure all invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts.
- Process daily permits each morning within the designated deadline.
- Ensure all back charges get taken against available open invoices.
- Follow appropriate steps to ensure proper handling of all payments.
- Scan checks and invoice batches and save them to respective folders on the shared drive.
- Interact with all levels of the organization for dispute resolution, obtaining approvals, and invoice processing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal departments as well as external customers, vendors, suppliers.
- Research vendor inquiries to include payment status and late payments
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal departments and external customers, vendors, suppliers.
- Experience working in a Shared Services environment with strong customer service skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn new things and take on additional responsibilities.
- Approachability and a willingness to help the team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
Your Education and Experience:
- Associate Business/Accounting Degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years Accounts Payable experience.
- Residential homebuilding/construction accounting experience preferred.
Century intends to offer the selected candidate an hourly rate of $25 plus annual bonus potential. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including experience.