Sales Consultant - Indianapolis
Position Title: Sales Consultant
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Sales Consultant’s primary function is to generate new homes sales and manage closings for the Century Complete division. Sales Consultants manage the conversion of traffic at our new home studio (where available) to buyers of new homes in the communities they are responsible for. New Home Sales Consultants also work to generate new traffic to our sales studios through networking, outreach to area real estate agents, and flyers to the general public. This role is also responsible for assisting the builder and buyers to ensure a great customer experience through the construction process and to continue maintaining a strong relationship with all buyers after closing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed sales/closing goals: monthly/ quarterly/ annually
- Complete the responsibilities in their new home studio i.e. opening/ closing checklist
- Manage and actively seek customer traffic, referrals, and utilize other means to generate new traffic
- Facilitate a smooth sales process with the buyer, real estate agent, and lender to ensure all aspects of the buying process is coordinated properly through closing
- Maintain and update flyers, marketing information, and signage for all communities
- Attend regular studio and company meetings
- Organize and maintain all necessary company files required for the Century Complete sales studio
- Communicate with mortgage lenders to confirm required documentation is received from Century Complete and the new home buyer to ensure the loan processing is on track for closing on the essence date
- Obtain the appropriate state Real Estate license while completing all necessary Century Complete training
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years’ experience in new home sales.
- Proven knowledge of new home market
- Residential home-building experience required.
- Knowledge of sales concepts
- Working knowledge of mortgage industry.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing laws
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented