Market Expansion Manager
Position Title: Market Expansion Manager
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Market Expansion Manager will be a core member of the “Advance Team” that will work in the Corporate Land Team and other Sr. Leaders to assist with all aspects of Century Complete entering into new markets, including market studies and justification for entering a new market, assisting in identifying land target areas and lot criteria, competition and product analysis and the identification of potential land prospects to closing land transactions. This position will include 50% of travel time as substantial amounts of time will need to be spent in the markets being considered.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
New Market Research – This position will be responsible for preparing internal “Playbooks” for each new market Century Complete is considering going into. These Playbooks include:
- Market studies for new markets, using internal and external data sources and resources.
- Identifying the Supply / Demand for a market
- Identifying and understanding the competition and top builders in the market
- Working with Corporate Purchasing Department to identify top trades in the market and create budgets for product used in the new market
- Work with Advance Team counterpart identifying and underwriting land options, and contracting on finished lots which fit Century Complete’s criteria
- Extract & analyze data from a variety of sources including the MLS, company databases, Metrostudy, LandVision, Zonda, and other external websites
- Review and analyze due diligence information for potential investments
- Prepare pre-acquisition investment briefs and related support material
- Interaction and communication with Sr. Leaders including President, Region Presidents, Corp VP of Lot Acquisition, Corp VP of Operations
- Assist Corporate Land Acquisition leadership with ad hoc projects as needed which may include investor purchases, build for rent partnerships and multi-market acquisitions
- Assist the Regional Land Acquisition teams in existing markets when needed
- Compile data and present to the corporate team
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- A background in real estate or market research is desired and professional knowledge of the home-building and land brokerage industry is highly preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel, with exposure to GIS helpful.
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are a must
- Proven ability to multi-task required
- Prefer 5 years experience in land evaluation, management, and acquisition