Construction Manager 2
Position Title: Construction Manager 2
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Position Summary:Responsible for providing technical expertise in coordinating all field activities as they relate to the construction of new homes per the Century Complete standards and processes. Maintain construction schedules, job site safety, erosion and sediment control standards, quality control, variance budgets, and customer satisfaction throughout the construction process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and coordinate construction schedules for homes in multiple neighborhoods that meet or exceed Century Complete goals.
- Communicate regularly with customers and complete three customer orientations throughout the construction process. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 GOAL!
- Complete all necessary paperwork for homes under construction i.e. utility applications, internal checklists (pre-lot inspection and quality checklists)
- Coach vendors for improved performance and report to Century Complete Support when vendors fail to meet contracted obligations
- Perform daily inspections to maintain Quality Standards throughout the process
- Monitor Job Site safety by completing regular site inspections
- Setup and maintain erosion and sediment control standards on every job site
- Complete Biweekly payment authorizations for all vendors
- Work to decrease all unnecessary variance expenses
- Note and communicate design or plan issues to purchasing for review
- Recruiting new vendors to work for Century Complete.
- Complete necessary punch work in order to eliminate variance and ensure closing deadlines are met
- Technical construction ability to manage construction resources and to diagnose and resolve field problems.
- People skills to articulately and professionally handle conflict with customers, building inspectors, and trade contractors.
- Ability to train trade contractors on construction techniques and field problem resolution.
- Organization aptitude to manage the scheduling of all construction resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (every 4 years of experience is equal to 1 year of schooling. Ex: 12 years in the industry gives someone 3 years of continued education).
OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.
- ACCOUNTABILITY MEASUREMENTS:
- Time of Construction
- Customer Satisfaction
- Timeliness of Completing Century Complete Required Documents