As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Land Coordinator is responsible for the management and support of land acquisition and land development activities for the Charlotte Division. The Land Coordinator will report directly to the Vice President of Land with specific responsibilities to include financial analysis models for asset acquisition, market research, the coordination and administration of contracts, creating purchase orders pursuant to those contracts, and processing of payment invoices from vendors and subcontractors performing entitlements and land development activities for new home community projects in the Charlotte Market.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform strategic marketing research – competitive analysis for target communities, including price graph comparisons, MLS data research, school district analysis and property ownership analysis
- Produce preliminary underwriting proformas and related financial documentations for each asset targeted by the Division
- Compile development budgets for both targeted and acquisition deals and future phases of active communities based on engineering cost estimates
- Overall project document control, including correspondence, purchase orders, invoices and supporting documentation
- Managing of Land Development Trade Partner contracts
- Updating and managing of Land Development budgets for monthly and quarterly updates
- Working with Land Development, the management of change orders and management of pay applications/invoices
- Works with vendors and subcontractors to obtain appropriate insurance requirements prior to releasing payment
- Creation and processing of check requests for entitlements and land development activities
- Distribution and Tracking of applicable budget reports from NewStar (Accounting System)
- Coordination and tracking of bonding process from request to exoneration
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Aptitude for Accounting
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, on line data-based applications including use of internet applications (such as Land Vision, Google Earth etc.,).
- Strong communication skills to respond to inquiries from vendors and subcontractors as well as internal team members
- Ability to think critically, manage and prioritize a demanding workload
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions
- Positive attitude and an ability to work effectively as a member of a dynamic team
- Detailed oriented, works well under pressure, capable of handling multiple task with simultaneous deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, focus on internal and external customer service and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through simultaneously on multiple projects
- Willingness to learn new things and take on additional responsibilities
- Maintain effective working relationships with vendors, suppliers, subcontractors, team members and supervisory personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting land acquisition, land development and/or homebuilding activities with a volume production builder