Position Title: Permits Manager Department: Architecture
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Permits Manager will oversee and track the permitting processes for the Denver Division, ensuring that communities are meeting or exceeding permitting goals and required house starts to support the division’s business plan. The role will work closely with, and report to, the VP of Architecture.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ordering, creating, submitting, and pulling all lot specific permits from municipalities.
- Request start information from sales counselors which includes plans and elevation selection along with structural options in accordance with start schedule/business plan
- Create and get approval from Division Presidents on all start requests
- Work with outside consultants to order, track and manage the plot plans and foundation plans required for lot specific permit packs
- Create/manage a weekly consolidated report on permit status for each community
- Evaluate the permit assembling processes and municipality requirements for permits in each community and update as needed
- Identify trends or consistencies in errors that indicate a need for correction of procedures or data
- Meet with permitting officials regularly in all municipalities to discuss updated policies/procedures/timelines/costs and distribute that information to Division Managers
- Ensure Sales and all consultants are meeting their timelines for their scope of work required to submit lot specific permits
- Enter permit numbers and permit start dates into construction management software (NewStar)
- Work with construction coordinator to issue start packs to vertical construction
- Coordinate with Architecture Department that all new starts meet community standards
- Analyze new or updated house plans to ensure they meet requirements for permitting
- Analyze trends and conduct meetings with consultants that are not performing or meeting construction schedules, communicating any issues or suggested improvements to VP of Architecture
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Ability to thoroughly understand the permitting statutes and laws in each municipality
- Proficiency navigating the municipality process
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build and maintain critical relationships with municipalities and field personnel
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- A great attitude, an open mind, and a creative thinker will thrive in this role!
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, required, College Degree, preferred, or the equivalent combination