Mortgage Compliance Analyst
Position Title: Mortgage Compliance Analyst Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Inspire Home Loans, a Century Communities, Inc. company, is currently searching for a Mortgage Compliance Analyst. The qualified candidate will act as an analyst to ensure compliance with policies and procedures for the entire scope of Inspire's mortgage operation. This position can be located in Newport Beach, CA or Charlotte, NC. Remote/hybrid potential.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Drafting procedures and assisting with the implementation of such procedures and auditing effectiveness.
- Audit current policies and procedures.
- Auditing loan files.
- Conducting routing and targeted internal compliance reviews focusing on state, federal regulatory and investor concerns.
- Issue management and remediation.
- Monitor regulatory changes and requirements.
- Work with operations team to prepare rebuttals and responses.
- Assist with investor, state or federal regulatory examinations.
- Assist with the compliance training program.
- Support mortgage operations for compliance questions and additional training.
- Understanding of the entire loan cycle.
- Through knowledge of state and federal guidelines.
- Familiarity with LOS, Encompass a plus.
- Experience developing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PPT).
- Self starter and acute problem solver.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience, required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in mortgage originations and/or underwriting, preferably compliance or QC experience, helpful.
- Prior experience handling external audits and examinations.
- Experience with all Federal Regulations to include TILA, RegZ, ECOA, RESPA
- Compliance testing and risk analysis.