Mortgage Compliance Analyst
Position Title: Mortgage Compliance Analyst Department: Mortgage
As the proud affiliate lender of Century Communities—a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—Inspire Home Loans knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of financing A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Inspire Home Loans, a Century Communities, Inc. company, is currently searching for a Mortgage Compliance Analyst. The qualified candidate will act as an analyst to ensure compliance with policies and procedures for the entire scope of Inspire's mortgage operation. This position can be located in Newport Beach, CA or Charlotte, NC. Remote/hybrid potential.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Drafting procedures and assisting with the implementation of such procedures and auditing effectiveness.
- Audit current policies and procedures.
- Auditing loan files.
- Conducting routing and targeted internal compliance reviews focusing on state, federal regulatory and investor concerns.
- Issue management and remediation.
- Monitor regulatory changes and requirements.
- Work with operations team to prepare rebuttals and responses.
- Assist with investor, state or federal regulatory examinations.
- Assist with the compliance training program.
- Support mortgage operations for compliance questions and additional training.
- Regulator research.
- Understanding of the entire loan cycle.
- Through knowledge of state and federal guidelines.
- Familiarity with LOS, Encompass a plus.
- Experience developing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PPT).
- Self starter and acute problem solver.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience, required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in mortgage originations and/or underwriting, preferably compliance or QC experience, helpful.
- Prior experience handling external audits and examinations.
- Experience with all Federal Regulations to include TILA, RegZ, ECOA, RESPA
- Compliance testing and risk analysis. Test.