Land Development Project Manager
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Land Development Project Manager assists the Director of Land Development with the company's land entitlement and land development function. The Land Development Project Manager will manage all aspects of land development projects to achieve schedule, quality, and budget.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide ongoing management and monitor all land development infrastructure construction phases through successful delivery of finished lots to the Construction Department.
- Work with and manage consultants to create land development schedules and budgets.
- Manage land development schedules and budgets to ensure on-time delivery of lots in accordance with the Division's business plan.
- Manage Municipal Utility District (MUD) Process, including Finance and Development Agreement and MUD Reimbursement Process to funding.
- Coordinate on-site construction activity for the scope of work with subcontractors and field consultants as necessary.
- Regularly review all active development projects to verify work in progress and contractor activity.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy by enforcing OSHA safety requirements, traffic and dust control standards, and SWPPP control BMP's.
- Communicate and enforce safety regulations and job standards on all construction sites to laborers and sub-contractors.
- Verify material deliveries for import/export of fill; pipe; storm drains; concrete, and amenity construction.
- Coordinate the inspection process with site contractors to schedule municipal and utility inspectors.
- Interact daily with various company departments, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants, and jurisdictional agency representatives.
- Maintain project files and records.
- Manage Community Start-Up and Turnover Process from Land to Sales and Construction.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Knowledge of heavy civil construction practices.
- Fluency in construction documents, surveys, and technical reports to maintain quality control and oversee all aspects of construction, including grading, storm drain, underground utilities, and paving infrastructure.
- Ability to prioritize projects, plan and execute to meet deadlines, and organize workflow.
- Sound judgment, ability to make decisions, work independently, and seek assistance or consult with more senior construction personnel when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Ability to explain complex issues to others easily understood by associates in the industry and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels within the organization, dissatisfied customers, outside vendors, subcontractors, laborers, and neighboring landowners.
- Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations and customer concerns positively.
- A high degree of professionalism, integrity, tact, and ability to influence others.
- Team player attitude and can work within cross-functional teams.
- Proactively addresses problems with regards to product or process.
- Analytical perspective with the ability to give, receive and analyze information to make effective decisions under pressure in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of land development/infrastructure construction experience with increasing project oversight experience preferred.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.