Jr. Loan Officer
Position Title: Jr. Loan Officer Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Inspire Homes Loans, a Century Communities, Inc. company is looking for a Jr. Loan Officer (Jr. LO)/ Loan Officer Trainee to work in our Greenwood Village (greater Denver area) office. The Jr. LO/Trainee will be responsible for assisting Loan Officers and Management with initial administrative loan origination tasks. The goal will be to gain the skills to prepare for the education and licensing requirements and move into a loan officer position within a year.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Process pre-qualification request by pulling credit and running AUS
- After application and at the direction of the loan officer, verify information with respect to the applicant’s income, assets, investments, debt, credit history, prior bankruptcies, judgments, and liens, as well as characteristics of the property.
- Assist in creating Pre-qualification Letters, Notices of Incomplete or Adverse Action submissions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Assist sales in gathering needed documents from applicants.
- Assist in area coverage for weekend support.
- Assist loan officers and management in sales pipeline management.
- Attend grand openings as required by the Regional Manager.
- Assist loan officer in customer follow up during the loan process.
- Perform all other duties at the direction of the Regional Production Manager / Branch Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Background
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated to meet job expectations and goals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
- Possess superior customer service skills.
- Must be organized and responsible and able to use good judgment.
- Ability to learn and operate technical systems and programs quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior Internal/External customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Effective and responsive telephone etiquette.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- 1-2 years of mortgage experience, a plus.
- Knowledge of loan origination systems, Encompass, a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Preferred to be licensed MLO in the State of Colorado and/or California, but not required.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced, self directed environment in any industry.