About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our internal Merchandising Department needs a Merchandising Purchaser to join our national model home design team. We design and manage beautiful model homes across all our markets and need your help creating these exciting environments that become successful selling tools. This is an amazing opportunity for growth and collaboration as we build our national presence.
This position is full-time, requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week and will be based out of the corporate office in Greenwood Village, CO. Potential for remote work up to two days a week.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Train in and master Design Smart software and incorporate into our purchasing function
- Data entry, order entry, receiving tracking, damage claims, coordinating installs, pull lists
- Implement a structured install process for all model homes and sales offices across the nation
- Create and maintain inventories for model homes
- Work with vendors/warehouse to expedite all model project furnishings to meet install deadlines
- Procurement and purchasing using a variety of methods – credit card, wiring, checks and PO’s
- Budget tracking and reconciliation; code monthly credit card statements
- Electronically file all documents related to orders
- Manage and maintain direct-to-trade vendor relationships
- New vendor credit applications and terms
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Passionate about models and design
- Experience with general accounting or bookkeeping practices
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and customer support
- Detail-oriented, organized, independent, and enthusiastic
- Experience in scheduling and prioritizing projects
- Ability to work with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to problem-solve efficiently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Ability to work with diverse teams to meet their individual goals
Education and Experience:
- 2+ Years in Interior Design Purchasing, Bookkeeping or Project Management role
- Experience in process improvement activities and implementing them quickly/effectively
- Experience in Studio Webware/Designer or Design Smart
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate an annual base salary in the range of $55,000 - $65,000 plus annual bonus potential. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including experience.