Position Title: Staff Accountant Department: Accounting
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Staff Accountant assists in completion of all accounting activities and the discharge of the Assistant Controllers responsibilities of the GL accounting department. Processes accounting transactions including revenue, cost, allocations and prepares, analyzes, and interprets accounting records and financial reports related to shared services accounting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support the senior accountant and other department personnel with a wide variety of accounting tasks including transactional processing (revenue entries, cost of sales, recording deposits, etc.).
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including cash/bank reconciliations for multiple divisions,
- Prepare recurring and adjusting journal entries
- Actively participate in the monthly financial close process and ensure work is completed in accordance with closing schedule.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly flux analysis for assigned divisions.
- Maintain fixed assets and associated depreciation schedules.
- Effectively communicate with peers, customers, leadership, and division personnel to facilitate informed decision making.
- Other projects as assigned to meet company needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Ability to meet deadlines with sense of urgency and efficiency
- Strong Excel and accounting system experience
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Highly detailed and organized
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1 – 4 years’ experience in a large accounting department.
- Residential homebuilding / construction accounting experience preferred.