Regional Vice President of Architecture
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
As a key member of the team, this individual will assist with the development and management of new product lines including single family detached homes, duplexes, town homes and condos.
This role can be based in Atlanta or Houston but open to other locations in the Southeast or Texas regions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee product development of single-family detached homes, townhomes, duplexes and condominiums working with our local division management teams, corporate purchasing and architecture, and third-party professionals.
- Provide analysis on how to effectively value engineer our product while maintaining industry leading design.
- Work with division management teams to evaluate cost and benefit of product design and offered options.
- Keep current on all architectural and product development trends; communicate current and changing trends to division management.
- Coordinate with design professionals, local divisions and corporate purchasing and architecture to produce construction documents for bidding and permitting.
- Assist with 2D and 3D construction drawings, bills of materials and building information models to help improve building efficiency and reduce costs.
- Develop and oversee architecture and product development policies and procedures.
- Drawing review, quality control, redlining, coordination.
- Effectively communicate construction documents.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Auto cad experience, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft office experience a must.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with management.
- Computer skills as required: Word, Excel, and Outlook experience.
Education and Experience:
- College degree in architecture preferred.
- Must be a licensed architect.
- 5 years’ experience with production home building architecture firm or working for a builder in the product development/architecture department.