Position Title: Escrow Manager Department: Title/Escrow
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Parkway Title, a Century Communities, Inc. company is currently searching for an experienced Escrow Manager for our growing office in Seattle, WA. The qualified individual will have a minimum of 5 years escrow officer experience along with 3+ years of prior supervisory and/or management experience.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure performance standards and closings dates are met.
- Create a customer focused culture in a positive working environment.
- Resolve escalated issues that can cause closing delays.
- Obtaining all payoffs, taxes, and HOA dues. Prorating amounts correctly and collaborating with the title department to resolve title issues.
- Preparing CD, Settlement Statements and other closing documents.
- Address inquiries from transaction participants in a timely manner.
- Confirm closing dates, locations and schedule signings.
- Balancing and disbursing funds accurately and timely.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background
- Excellent at managing multiple priorities to help teams actively progress on their deliverables.
- Thorough knowledge of the use of technology and are not afraid to work in a primarily paperless environment.
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal & written) with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to resolve escalated closing issues quickly and meet deadlines.
- Able to calculate discounts, prorations, and commission splits accurately.
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and precision-focused.
- Ability to drive results and work in an outcome driven environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in handling closings, preferably in a builder environment.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience managing a team.
- Experience in managing closing workflows and processes that quickly move a file to closing.
- Familiarity with various title policy forms and typical endorsements required and knowledge of builder residential purchase/resale transactions from receipt of contract through final disbursement and any post-closing items.
- Experienced in monitoring a closing pipeline of residential homebuilder purchase and resale transactions to ensure Close of Escrow dates are met.
- Clarify direction for team member by addressing obstacles hindering member’s from meeting deadlines.