Assistant Construction Manager
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position location is near the Fremont area
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation and filing of contractors’ paperwork.
- Ensure purchase orders are sent in a timely manner.
- Use scheduling software, update tasks as directed by the community Construction Manager.
- Maintain constant quality control inspection on all phases of job as directed by Construction Managers.
- Keep Construction Managers informed of subcontractor personnel, amount of work being accomplished and whether subcontractor is on schedule.
- Ensure homes are 100% ready at QA Day 1 and ensure homes are 100% ready and clean at the day of the Pre-Closing Orientation (PCO).
- Manage a community for short periods of time if Construction Manager is absent.
- Check daily for safety violations of all jobsite workers.
- Help maintain materials list posted in construction office trailer.
- Complete any training assigned
- Be familiar with the Safety and Construction Standards manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned,
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Ability to effectively work with managers and employees at all levels and develop positive relationships and a productive culture.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2+ years experience in Construction industry.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Has a "roll-up-your-sleeves" personality and is comfortable working “hands-on.”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Attention to detail
- Very organized with systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency