Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position Summary: The Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst position will report directly to the VP of Finance for the Colorado division. The position will provide financial consulting and strategic support to the division including preparing financial packages, financial presentations, business plan analysis, land acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of procedures that impact budgets, costs and strategic goals.
- Analyze financial performance in active communities and accurately prepare the required financial packages (financial statements, cash flow analysis, budgets, business plan).
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, sourcing, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information
- Provides analytical support to management to improve home-building operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Ensures understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Understanding of GAAP, cost accounting and job costing
- Proficient in various other software and accounting systems used in the real estate industry
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Finance or Accounting
- 2-5 years’ progressive experience in finance, financial planning and analysis and/or accounting (homebuilding experience preferred)